Wednesday 17 April 2013

Development of the Front Cover of Digipak

As mentioned in my previous I was going to use online photo editing software PicMonkey - link. This software is easily to use and very straight forward, adding text to the front cover of the digipak was easy especially with the different fonts available. I will be creating front covers for both the album "It Was This or Football" and the single "Our House is Dadless." Below I have embedded the different edits of the potential front cover for the single.


The text on this image is called "Special Elite." I believe this font works quite well, as it gives a broken edge to the font which when compared to the song fits in well with the broken lifestyle. E.g the father figure being non-existant.  


I have decided to keep the font very simplistic, therefore in this image I use the "Tall Dark and Handsome" font. Making the font white ensures it stands out against the orange jacket and the greyscale wall. I am hoping to use this colour throughout the full digipak. 


Similarly to the image above this image, I chose a simplistic basic font. This font is called "Amatic Small Caps" nevertheless I believe this font is too 'girly' for the image I'm trying to portray. Therefore I won't be using this font. 

Below I have used the same fonts as above, but for the "It Was This or Football." 




Once again I believe the "Amatic Small Caps" font is too girly, also I don't think the "Special Elite" font fits in very well with the genre, therefore I have decided to make continuous use of the "Tall Dark and Handsome" font. 




No comments:

Post a Comment